The BOWL FULL Project

I grew up in a small town in northern Minnesota.  I enjoyed my town and imagined that my future would consist of raising my own family there just like my parents and grandparents before me.  At the end of my junior year of high school I had the opportunity to travel to Alaska and work at a resort for the summer.  Spite for my ex-boyfriend (my now husband, ha) and a bit of curiosity lead me to spend 3 months at a secluded resort outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.  I had never been that far away from my family before and I was looking for independence (what 16 year old wouldn't).  While there, I lived with a diverse group of people who taught me about life outside my tiny town and the experience shattered the lens with which I previously had viewed the world.  My world view was transformed from these new surroundings.  One lasting impact was the feeling that there is such a huge opportunity to get out into the world and do some good. 

After graduating high school, I filled out a Peace Corps application, never to send it in due to the normal pressures of  continuing my education and finding a career.  After finishing college, the application was once again filled out but life (work, kids, house) had caused me to create excuses for putting it off once again.  Finally, through the lasting influence from the culture of volunteerism at Target (my husband's employer), we have been serving meals at homeless shelters with friends outside of work when we can.  After an unexpected career change that once again changed how I viewed my future, I have realized that my running my own business presents a great opportunity to pursue my hopes for getting out into the world and doing some good.  I have been so fortunate in this endeavor that is Wind & Willow home.  I want to show my gratitude by paying it forward, there's no better time than now.


        

How It Will Work: 

The Bowl Full project aims to feed those in need near and far.  For each item purchased through WindandWillowHome.com I will donate a set amount of meals to our giving partners (see my crowdfunding video for more details). When preset goals are met (500 meals, 1000...), we will hold giving events where friends, family and fans can join forces and volunteer for a great cause.  This is more than just writing a check, this project is giving in action as it aims to get people involved and spread the joy of helping others.  Upon the success of my crowdfuding project we will be holding our first giving event this Fall near Minneapolis, Minnesota.  Please contact us at hello@windandwillowhome.com or sign up for our mailing list to receive information when it becomes available.  

Please consider contributing to my Indiegogo crowdfuding project to make this project a reality.  Please spread the word.

Contribute HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment