Plant Project: Succulent Sundae

It's Friday (yay, yipee, wahooo) so I thought I would leave you with a really fun and easy project for the weekend.  I found this cute little trophy dish at a salvage shop and thought it would be great for my son's room.  I have been trying to find a way to add some life to the kids rooms and this is how I posed to do it.  That being said, I couldn't leave my daughter out (hence, the pink dish)... what you do for one you have to do for the other or else... I decided to use succulents because they are quite easy to take care of as they don't need to be watered very often and they tend to be sweet and simple.
 



 Here is what you need:
Container ( any small dish, bowl, container will do)
Soil
Succulent/Plant
Moss
Rock or Decorative item
Water
Succulent Vitamins (optional)

First, I filled each dish with some cactus potting mix.


Next, I took my plants and placed them in the soil in my desired location (I always like them a little off center) making sure to be gentle but getting at least 1 to 1.5" of their base into the soil.  Then I firmly packed the soil around the plant to be sure it would stay in place.  I then added some water which I had mixed with some succulent vitamins (can be found at most floral shops, home improvement stores or plant nursery's) to ensure their continued health. 



I added some moss on top to add a little whimsey and finished it off with some sparkly rocks.  Voila!  A little life, small enough to add to any room!




What do you think?  Aren't they sweet? DO NOT EAT :)

P.S.  Be sure to read or look up the care directions for your specific plant.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! we are doing similar favors at our wedding! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete